Wednesday, July 7, 2010

How to entertain a boy in NY

Its 1:36 AM and I'm wide awake in my bed. I tried counting sheep, said the alphabet over and over and even counted to one-hundred multiple times. So, here I am doing what I love to do.BLOG! I have had a long, fun-filled day with wonderful friends! Austin (with an I not E) and his friend Robby came to visit me today. Austin is a friend from home and Robby is one of his teammates from Kansas. All I could think about today was The Wizard of Oz, haha. They are currently living in Fishkill, NY which is about an hour and a half on a train to the city. Today was one of their off days so of course I insisted they come visit! They only had a day in the city so how in the world do you fit NYC in ONE day. So, I did lots of preparation before they got here because I wanted them to have the ultimate experience. Little did I know it was the most difficult entertaining I've ever done. Whenever you ask a guy what they want to do they never have an opinion and don't speak up until after the decision is made. On the other hand, a girl generally has a planned schedule with of course, breakfast, lunch and dinner strictly marked on the agenda. Boys can go all day long without eating whereas girls CANNOT skip a meal because they think they are going to die of hunger. Boys hate shopping whereas girls never have money, but somehow find than extra 20 bucks for that shirt at gap that's an additional 40% off. Oh, or J.Crew because you better believe I just got my email of the blowout one day only sale on the boyfriend jeans. Boys think trees are trees and grass is grass so what’s the big deal about Central Park. Girls think every inch of it is absolutely breathtaking and could sit and stare at the ridiculously cute couples walking past wishing it were them. Oh, did I mention that as were staring at couples were also talking about our weddings and how beautiful they would be by the willow trees? Or, how those purple with a hint of baby blue hydrangeas would make for a perfect flower arrangement? Boys think, Trump Towers? What's the big deal Donald Trump is a big D-bag anyways. Girls think, oh my gosh...isn't that where the famous show The Apprentice is taped...I MUST get a picture! Ok, I could go on and on about the differences between girls and boys so I think you probably get my point. My trip did not go as planned. My exciting and fun filled day consisted of going to a Brewery for lunch, Times Square, my apartment to 'rest', Central Park, Starbucks, Madison Square Gardens, back to my apartment to rest for the second time and then the grand finale, dinner at Duke's! I really scored some brownie points there. Needless to say I think it was the highlight of their day because it was good southern barbeque. Now whether I think they will become future New Yorkers and dream to live in the city one day, probably not. Did we have a wonderful day, yes for sure. After all I now know how to plan a trip for guys. Simple is the key and give them a beer and they are happy. Stay tuned..D.C is next!
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment