Sunday, June 20, 2010

TWO WEEKS!

Wow, I cannot believe that I have been in NYC for TWO WEEKS. It has absolutely flown by and I have been so busy. Last weekend, I went out with Morgan, Jasmine, Jay and his friend Chrissy. We went to a place called SL Lounge in the meat packing district. It was absolutely incredible and had eccentric lighting with x-ray pictures all over the walls for decoration. It may have been the coolest atmosphere EVER. As my first nightlife outing in NYC it definitively put Tuscaloosa, Alabama to shame, surprise! haha. We have met lots of people and  new friends. This past weekend I hung out, ran errands and got a real big feel for the city. Morgan is a nanny for a family with three boys so on Tuesday I went with her and Dylon (the little boy that she sits) around town and to the park. He is adorable and so sweet. On Thursday and Friday I had a nanny job for an eleven year old boy named Sammy. He is really cool and thinks I’m really cool so therefore that’s pretty cool. On Thursday I picked Sammy up from school and we went to the USS Intrepid, Sea, Air and Space, museum. For those of you who don't know the intrepid is battleship that served during WWII. Sammy is so smart and made me feel so dumb because he literally knew EVERYTHING about this ship.He was my little personal tour guide. Don't get me wrong, I thought it was pretty cool until three hours later we were had only made it to the second floor (out of four). But to say the least I’m really glad I was able to fill my brain with some knowledge. Oh also, did I mention that Sammy is in the same class with James Gandolfini’s (from the Sopranos) son and the NY Yankees catcher Jorge Pasada’s son! On Friday, before I picked him up from school I was at the park drinking my starbucks and glanced up and saw BEN STILLER!!!..I could not believe it. Don't worry; I managed to sneak a picture but only of his behind, oh well. I got to experience Dave and Busters (New York style) and the park where I chased after Sammy the whole time on his scooter. He’s eleven so of course he thought that was hilarious. This weekend we went to Brother Jimmy's BBQ with lots of southern hospitality and then met up with friends and then went out. Morgans friend Allie (and mine of course) is in town visiting and I'm so glad she is here with us!Yesterday we hung out on our rooftop and then went to a show called Naked Boys Singing. Now if you please, let your imagination flow and understand that the show was EXACTLY what it sounds like. I think I may be scarred for life and I was so embarrassed haha. This week I have lots of work and I can't wait to get back to you. I hope you, wherever you are, are having a wonderful, safe and blessed journey. Adios and I will be back very very soon!


XOXO

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention the single most IMPORTANT part of your week coming up and thats ME!!!!!! Im a little upset :(

    ReplyDelete